Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year

As most people my new years goal is to loose weight and get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. We have started eating healthier but I have one weakness and that is sweets. I love them and it is really hard to give those up, so instead I am making my sweets more healthy. My latest discovery is black bean brownies. They sound like they are going to be gross, but they are so good...here is the recipe for those that want to venture.

Black Bean Brownies

1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned or home-cooked black beans
4 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Drain black beans, reserving 2 TBS liquid. Puree beans and bean liquid in blender until a thick paste is formed.
mix cocoa, butter, sugar, black beans puree and eggs together in a bowl until well blended.
mix flour, salt, and baking powder together in a small bowl and stir into wet mixture. Grease 9x13-inch pan, pour batter into pan.
Bake 40 min at 350 degrees or until brownies test done with a toothpick.

If your not weirded out by the idea of beans in your Brownies You should try this. they are seriously so good!

No comments: